Celebrate Mother's Day with this rustic donut recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour or almond flour for gluten-free option
- 1/2 cup GF 1:1 flour
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp gf baking powder
- 1 tsp gf baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberries, thinly sliced
Vanilla & Spirulina Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 packet Spiraveg Spirulina
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the pan. Add the strawberry slices sparsely into the batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar, almond milk, lemon juice, vanilla,all together until combined. Add spirulina to 1/2 of the icing in a separate bowl.
- Once the donuts are cooled completely, dip the donut into the glaze, and then using a spoon, drizzle the spirulina glaze creating your magic!
Leave a comment